Monday, December 10, 2012

Flashback: 5 weeks, 1 day

Editor's Note: This week's 13-week Post will be late. An early morning doctor appointment on the other side of the city the day after a record snowfall made me about 2 hours late to work, and I have to leave early in order to pick up Alice in time to get her home, changed, and to my company Christmas party by 6 pm. Then tomorrow morning I fly out at 7 am for an overnight work trip, get back late Wednesday afternoon, work Thursday-Friday but have Holidazzle on Thursday night. So the 13-weeker will probably get posted on Thursday at the earliest. For now! Let's remember back to the grim old days of Week 5. Just for the record, I do believe that I might feel completely NORMAL again. Merry Christmas to me!!!

~~~

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Due Date: Mid-June 2013

Weight Gain: Haven't checked

Symptoms: Afternoon nausea continues to rear its ugly head. Some days I think it's not so bad and some days I feel uber pregnant. This morning my gums bled when I brushed my teeth - I remember that happening off and on with Alice. Very heightened sense of smell - I could've SWORN it smelled like cat pee in Alice's room when I was rocking her to sleep last night but Aaron checked and no - no smell of cat urine to be found.

What's different this time: Time seems to be going by much faster. Only about 3 weeks until our viability ultrasound and I know how fast the time will go between now and then.

Cravings:  I craved pizza for pretty much every meal over the weekend and managed to eat it twice in one day, lucky me!

Aversions: None yet. But it is getting harder and harder to eat lunch in the workplace cafeteria, what with my heightened sense of smell and all. I've noticed myself taking a few deep breaths before I start eating.

Sleep: Fine.

I am loving: It's sort of fun to have a little secret. :)

I miss: Still miss drinking. Don't see this one going away for me any time soon. Aaron bought some Beck's N/A for me and they are sitting in the fridge just calling my name. Maybe someday soon I will indulge.

I am looking forward to: Sharing the news with a larger group of people. All of my immediate family knows except my brother. None of Aaron's family knows (we just haven't seen them together in person to share the news). I will share with the rest of my world after our ultrasound.

I'm spazzing about: Ummmm my work just scheduled an event in London for September 2013 and rumor has it they will be flying all of the staff there for several days. I REALLY, REALLY want to go. And I know I can do it, breast pump in tow, but I just think it will be hard to leave a 3 month old baby. I didn't leave Alice until she was almost 7 months old and that was just overnight.

Best thing about this week: Completely non-baby related but we are teaching Alice to be nice to the kitty rather than clobbering him all the time, so last night she plopped right down on his head while saying "nice" at the same time. Nottttt exactly what we meant.

Milestones: I am forming a brain inside my primitive placenta.

Movement: No.

It's a...: Still thinking boy but last night I referred to "her" over the phone to my stepmom. Probably just out of habit.

Exercise: No. BUT! I did just schedule yoga with my ex-neighbor for Sunday morning.

Diet: Eating a lot. Very frequently eating. Especially in the afternoon to fight off the pangs of nausea. Granola bars are my friend, as well as my work neighbor's stash of pretzels and trail mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment