Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12 weeks, 2 days


Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Not so good at the self belly pics...I will work on my facial expressions. Also, I need to switch to maternity pants soon. Sick of the crease showing from my regular pants under the Bella Band.



Due Date: June 17, 2013

Weight Gain: Weighed 133 at the OB on Monday, up from 128 at my 8 week appointment. What the! I will blame it on my 8 week appt being first thing in the morning, and my 12 week appt being around lunch time. Much more time for the bloat to appear. I also had an extremely full bladder because I thought they were going to need a urine sample when I got there. Turns out my memory is foggy and they don't start doing those until the 28 week appt. The pee had to account for at least a pound.

Symptoms: Tapering off...however, I am generally still kind of nauseous after lunch for the rest of the day. Annoying. I was hoping that would be gone by now. I don't really know what to do about it. I am eating frequently, but that never seems to zap the nausea. Just hoping this will go away with time. If I look at the big picture I'm definitely feeling better these days than I was 2 weeks ago so I will just assume the same will be true for 2 weeks from now.

What's different this time: Fatter. Sooner.

Cravings: I have dinner with the girls tonight at a Mexican restaurant and I'll be honest, I've been daydreaming about what I will order all week. I am really looking forward to some cheesy enchiladas and some chips and salsa!

Aversions: Sort of not into chocolate lately. I used to be an automatic cookie consumer after lunch each day, but I have not been wanting my usual chocolate chip cookie anymore. Guess that is just fine! Chips, on the other hand...

Sleep: Same, same, same. I am sort of just used to it at this point. I will take a Tylenol PM this weekend for a little treat. :)

I am loving: Well, I was loving guilt-free eating, but then I weighed in on Monday. And I keep coming back to this question because it's the last one I can think of an answer for, and I just want to post this already. So I will say that I am loving my daily Frosted Mini Wheats snack around 3 pm. Always about the eating, I guess...

I miss: I know I am going to greatly miss drinking a margarita at Mexican dinner tonight.

I am looking forward to: A shipment of two maternity dresses and a pair of pants I should be receiving in the mail tomorrow. Sorry hubs, I don't think I told you! They were cheap! 

I'm spazzing about: I feel big. Which is great and all, but I just booked a plane ticket to visit my mom in CA in early February when I will be 21 weeks pregnant. Just Alice and I are going, and since she won't be 2 until May I thought it would be good to sneak in one last free ticket for her. So there we will be - 21-week pregnant mama with nearly 2-year-old Alice on her lap for the 3.5 hour plane ride. Won't that be comfy! I'm flying out on Super Bowl Sunday so I'm hoping maybe it won't be a desirable flight and there will end up being an empty seat SOMEWHERE on the plane. I mean, there has to be one, right? Fingers crossed.

Best thing about this week: Hearing the heartbeat, hands down! It took the doc about 20-30 seconds or so to find it, which was AGONIZING of course but she finally found it on the lower right side of my abdomen and it was just clicking right along. 165 BPM. While she was searching for it she even mentioned "well if we can't find it we will find it with an ultrasound" which temporarily freaked me out of course. But obviously all was well. It was such a good feeling to hear that little guy/girl in there!!

Milestones: Passed the 12 week mark...so viability is obviously a huge milestone! Also, the baby is developing reflexes and is the size of a lime.

Movement: I have felt some flutters, however I still think it is just too early. I know I will probably be able to feel the baby earlier this time because I'm aware of what the sensation is but I'm not allowing myself to be convinced that I have felt it at 12 weeks.

Exercise: Just, no. I do some yoga stretches before bed usually. And by usually I mean when I think of it, so like 3 times a week.

Diet: I really should be drinking more water. I've switched my breakfast routine from pancakes and eggs and bacon to a bowl of oatmeal with strawberries and blueberries. So, I get a little pat on the back for that. Still kind of bad about veggies.

Alice Anecdote: On Monday night Alice woke up crying in the middle of the night. Not the most unusual occurrence...I think she sometimes has nightmares. So I went in to rock her back to sleep. Only problem was, this was right after about a 2 hour stint of insomnia for me and I was FINALLY about to fall back asleep. I rocked her and rocked her and she just wasn't sleeping so I finally just put her back in the crib. She cried again as soon as I left the room and I just thought "F it. I need some sleep". So I brought her into bed with me and she snuggled right in and fell asleep right away. I never sleep with her anymore, and I considered it a little treat to be able to snuggle with her for a few hours. Obviously it can be a slippery slope, but "my kids will only be small once", right?

3 comments:

  1. I can't remember if I officially told you congrats?!?! If not - CONGRATS! :) Hope you enjoyed the SHIT out of those cheesy enchiladas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What awesome news - Christmas come early :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Erin - thanks!! The cheesy enchiladas were the BOMB.

    @Laura - thanks to you as well! We are excited. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your cute boys. :)

    ReplyDelete