Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tick tock...

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow. We are within striking distance of meeting our first-born child. We are so excited we can hardly stand it. These last few weeks have been tricky for me. I am trying to relax into the end of my pregnancy, knowing just how amazing it is going to be to hold my daughter for the very first time. But at the same time there is SO much to do. I'm trying not to obsess over any small details, because surely no matter what we do to prepare there will ALWAYS be more that we could do. I am trying to shift my focus to the mental, emotional and spiritual preparation.

I try to take several opportunities every day to just quietly rest my hands on my belly and send some positive thoughts to the little baby inside me. I often look into her furnished room, all the tiny clothes in her dresser, her diapers stacked and waiting, envisioning me holding her as we rock in the glider. I am trying to be more mindful than ever during my yoga classes, forging a deep spiritual connection with this little one as we stretch and move together. We will only be one for a short time longer so I am trying to hold onto these moments because the baby and I are truly experiencing our own miracle. Only she and I will ever know what it was like to be one with each other.

Deep breathing, baths, exercise and meditation will be my support these next days and weeks. What a monumental time for me and Aaron! Looking forward to soaking it all in.

1 comment:

  1. You go through so much during last few weeks. Sounds like you're handling it really well :) You're such a good mom already...

    ReplyDelete