Thursday, May 19, 2011

"Overdue"

Today is May 19th = 1 day after May 18th = uncharted territory when it comes to my baby countdown. I know that due dates are only estimates but there is such a stigma for going past your date that I never understood before. People look at you like there must be something wrong with you or the baby or they give you looks of pity or they have a million questions about how on earth you could have NOT given birth by this point.

In actuality I am feeling fine (considering), my blood pressure is low, baby's heartbeat is strong, she is content and moving around consistently, and obviously she is just not quite ready to come out yet. And it's only 1 day past my due date - not unusual people! Especially for a first-time mom.

So we try to relax and wait. We've been waiting ~281 days so far, so what's a few more at this point, right? I went through some minor nesting last night, organizing her clothes more than they probably need to be, and verifying the contents of our hospital bags. I also went for 3 separate walks and had a massage. Then I finished my thank-you notes, just in case my baby is extremely polite and wasn't planning on coming out until I've properly thanked everyone who has given us baby gifts to this point. Tonight I plan on doing nothing and see if that works instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment